Monday 13 May 2013

These cookies smell oat so strange...

My apologies for the absentee blogs this weekend (you may have noticed I'm now one behind,I'll be playing catchup soon!). The reason for this is because I've travelled the length of the country this weekend and so have had very little time to blog. As many commuters will tell you from time to time you have a day travelling which can be described using only four letter words I will not utter here.

Naturally, it all started with a simple mistake in preparation for the journey, namely, I forgot my debit card. I had walked for half an hour in the baking Friday heat to get on my train but couldn't claim my tickets without my debit card. Here follows a lot of running, swearing, sweating, and complaining loudly to anyone who would care to listen (myself mainly). Of course I missed my intended train so that meant I missed the train I had tickets reserved for. I don't know if you've ever experienced advanced rail bookings but they're pretty fussy about you having the right one. Using my utmost cunning I got away with the wrong one but irregardless it made for a stressful afternoon. Anyway, to cut an almost finished long story short, there was no desire to bake on Friday or after 9-5 work on Saturday ergo I'm one day behind.

Anyway, for today's recipe I went with an old classic, oatmeal cookies, and in general they were pretty darned easy. Just a little mixing of dry ingredients and popping it in the oven! Though the most unusual result came out when finished. Yes, they looked lovely and oaty, they even tasted lovely and oaty yet somehow they smelt quite strongly of sweetcorn... Yep, the yellow stuff. Why? If I knew I reckon this blog would be "professional home baking" instead of amateur! But there you have it, just another strange result of following the recipe to the letter.

You'll be happy to know I've actually written up all the recipes I haven't yet published so they'll be uploaded any moment now! Thanks for reading!
The Result:

No comments:

Post a Comment