Wednesday 29 May 2013

Raisin the bar for biscuit baking...

I must say that successes have been few and far between on this blog and I really don't know why. Although I am obviously an "Amateur" baker that doesn't mean that I'm by any means a complete novice, I have baked successfully in the past and have always been complimented on my "mad skillZ" (well perhaps never that exact phrase, I sincerely hope someone does say that to me at some point though!) so it's really hard to understand why I have had quite so many failures already. 

Of course, I'm not complaining! After all, they have all been edible so they can't be that bad! Plus a disastrous baking adventure is far more enjoyable to read about and write about that a wonderfully successful one would be - just imagine how pretentious and overly descriptive it would get - however it is clear that I am going to run short of disasters any day now. Suddenly the transformation will be complete and I will no longer be amateur but a Master-Baker (careful how quickly you say that one!). So what then? What will I waffle on about?!

I've decided that soon I am going to embark on a challenge which is in conjunction with this one - to those gamers out there, it would be a mini-quest or mini-game inside the main game - I will still be doing the 100 recipes in 100 days but I am going to introduce an added element to help judge the success of each baked good. Because let's face it, I am a bit of a biased judge & so are my friends and family! But More on that as it develops and becomes a reality rather than just another insane idea I have in my head.

Today's challenge was Raisin and Nutty Oatmeal Biscuits, and remarkably they are probably the first biscuits I've made which I am actually very proud of! They may be a little small (yet again I halved the ingredients in order to save some pennies and some arteries) but other than that they came out perfectly. 

They are neither too powdery nor too doughy or burnt! It's as much of a shock to me as it probably is to you! These are definitely the quality of biscuits I would expect in a really fancy "Gift Box" from one of those expensive market stalls you sometimes get popping up in the streets of posh shopping districts. Except they were made by my good self in the comfort of my old family home. Perfect!

The Result: 


No comments:

Post a Comment