Thursday 2 May 2013

The Challenge

I have to admit that this has been a long time coming. For so many years I've been challenging myself to do this that and the other; the idea to try and set myself a baking challenge has always been in the back of my head.
There's something about baking which is just so therapeutic and fun. It's the knowledge that just by mixing an egg, some flour, sugar and butter together that you have something that can transform into so many delicious creations. From pies to pastry and cupcakes to cookies and every other treat on this earth I have seen but never dared to try and make myself.
Well now I have no excuse, come rain or shine I will have written 100 posts about all the recipes in my "Home Baking From the Oven to the Table" book by the end of this year. It may not seem like a lot at the moment, 100 recipes in 242 days is do-able but certainly no mean feat. I'm going to struggle and I'm going to grumble and groan and probably never want to bake again after three months yet I WILL do this for two reasons:
One: I love writing.
And two: I love cooking.
So why not enjoy (torture) myself by doing them both at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment