Thursday 20 June 2013

Peanut Butter Lazy Time

Have you ever had one of those lazy days where you have literally sat around the entire time doing nothing but still somehow feel exhausted? Well I just had two of them, admittedly I am still feeling a little bit ill from the other day ( I'm pretty confident that in one of my coughing fits my lung is bound to fly out of my mouth!) but that hardly gives me an excuse to literally lie down ALL DAY. Today I haven't spent more than a few minutes away from some form of television other than trips to the toilet ( which, now I have an iPad, might actually start including tv!), don't get me wrong television is great if you just want to sit back and not engage with life in any sort of way for a while; everyone needs down time. With the exception of some forms of tv - news, documentaries, tv dramas etc - it is, for the large part, simply brain melting. 

Even shows which I really enjoy ( I'm a sucker for American sitcoms) eventually wear me down so much that I can barely string a cohesive sentence together in conversation. I've heard of people doing challenges in which they decide not to watch tv for a week or month, but honestly I think I'd find the opposite more difficult. Just picture sitting there on a sofa for 12 hours of your day, every day, for an entire month. It's what I would call hell. Especially day time tv. Assuming we're avoiding the slightly higher brow bbc breakfast, it starts with gmtv, then this morning then loose women and Jeremy Kyle and then come dine with me (ok come dine with me is not bad at all) and then it descends into quiz shows and sitcoms before night time tv gives into an actual variation in programming day by day. Does that sound in any way appealing to anyone?! 30 days of that? Because I think I'd prefer to run head first into the tv non stop for thirty days than actually soak that drivel in to my brain!

So after my lazy day I finally decided to get off my Harry shaped dip in the bed to do some baking. It's amazing how good it actually felt to do something (even if it is something I've done every day for almost fifty days now!). Mixing butter and peanut butter gave off a heavenly smell and mixing in the oats and flour just made it look so delicious.

These have certainly been some of the better cookies I've done. Admittedly not as good as my gingersnaps but still exceptional, I've never had peanut butter cookies before but by god are they good! 

Now I've finished, what should I do for this evening... I'll see what's on tv I guess... 

The Result: 


Mmmm Peanut Butter Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment