Friday 26 July 2013

My time is meringue-ing out...

So, what have I been playing about at for the last few days? Yet again it's been almost a week since my last blog and the strain is really showing now. Although I only have 28 recipes left in my book there is only eighteen days until my challenge is over - crikey, 80 days really does fly by! - and though that may sound pretty easy to complete for a hardened baker such as myself it is definitely not!

I have had a quick glance through the remaining recipes left incomplete in my Home Baking: From the Oven to the Table book (still available for only three pounds in my local The Works) and I audibly groaned... Despite being alone at the time! Among the recipes yet complete are A bundt cake, stollen, a five layered almond and chocolate cake, chocolate whoopie pies (with home made marshmallow), pumpkin (how I will find a pumpkin in August I'll never know!) plus no end of tarts which Look gloriously  tasty... And fiendishly tricky to master!

It's true, I've obviously become more confident with my baking skills over this time - so much so I'm confident people buying cakes and biscuits from me won't be disappointed - however nothing I've done yet will prepare me for the coming days worth of baking. Twenty Eight ridiculously tricky cakes and tarts and breads in a week and a half. Expect just as few blog posts in the next few days, because I'm going to be exhausted and almost drowning in all the washing up ill be doing!

But I have to leave some pictures of this weeks fine creations! I must admit that I forgot to take a picture of my white chocolate and coffee gateaux - for shame! - but believe me you aren't missing out on much... It looked more like a sticky toffee pudding than a gateaux! And tasted, by my friend's judgement, "bland"... So much for supporting one's friends! I guess I better pull my finger out if I am going to bake that many layered chocolate cake!!

The Results:

Mmmmeringue pie (with lemon!)



Mmm Onion bread
MMM Tupperwarey

No comments:

Post a Comment